At LeanSEM, I feel like I have the opportunity to become a true Google Ads Expert!
- Choose three words to describe yourself?
I don’t think I can describe myself with only 3 words…
- What’s your current position at the company?
Google Ads Account Manager.
- Was your previous work experience marketing related? How did you find out about LeanSEM, and what made you apply for your work position?
I had previous experience in Marketing, but I had no working experience in Google Ads specifically.
I found out about LeanSEM by randomly scrolling through job posts. I wanted to advance in marketing, so when I saw the LeanSEM’s post, it seemed too good to be true: A clear career path, working on large accounts, becoming an expert in Google Ads, all the opportunities, and the company’s core values… all of it made me apply without a second thought. And I am so happy that everything turned out just as described.
- What does it mean for you to be part of such an agency and such a team?
Working here allows me to specialize in one field and truly become an expert one day, not just locally but worldwide as well. We have a team of Superstars who are always available to teach you and help in any way. Plus, the opportunities to work with big clients are endless. That is always exciting.
- What did your career path at LeanSEM look like? What milestones have you reached?
From the get-go, I was presented a detailed career path, including milestones one has to reach to get to a higher position. I have a mentor who is helping me do just that.
To me, the most significant milestone that I reached was getting to a level where I have the skill to grow our clients and help them achieve their business goals.
- What is your most vital attribute that allowed you to get where you are right now?
Passion and loving what I do.
- What does “success” mean to you? Do you feel like you are on your way to reaching it; have you perhaps already reached it, or is it just an idea that a person strives for for the rest of his life?
“Success” can be achieving whatever goal you have set for yourself, whether personally or professionally.
To me, being successful on a professional level means becoming great at what you do. At LeanSEM, I feel like I do have the opportunity to become a true Google Ads Expert one day. But, knowing myself, I don’t think I will ever feel like I have reached that level.
- Some say the LeanSEM’s employment criteria are frighteningly high and strict. Do you agree?
I don’t think that the employment criteria in LeanSEM are high for the type of work we do here. For most jobs, you need 2+ years of experience in the field just to be considered for the position. When I applied here, I had 0 experience in Google Ads, and I was able to learn everything with the help of my mentors.
- What is the biggest challenge you face now?
Working in Google Ads is very dynamic and fast-paced, so you face new challenges every day. Finding new opportunities to scale efficiently and improving efficiency are the challenges that “bother” me every day. 🙂
- Which of your achievements within LeanSEM are you most proud of?
I am most proud of the work on what turned out to be one of our biggest clients. I’ve grown so much from that whole experience. We started with a small part of their business just around the time the pandemic began. Due to the fantastic work we did, we are now slowly taking over their whole business while achieving and overachieving their goals.