I went from absolutely zero experience in digital marketing, from a PPC Specialist, to a Senior PPC Manager for clients spending over $100k a month during the course of one year.
Meet Stefan Miladinovski. LeanSEM team member for over a year, who has a genuine love for digital marketing, enjoys the constant flow of everyday growth challenges, and thinks that that’s what makes the job fun.
- How long have you been to LeanSEM and what’s your current position at the company?
I’ve been working here for one year. Currently got promoted into a Senior Google Ads/PPC Manager.
- Was your previous work experience marketing related? How did you find out about LeanSEM, and what made you apply for your work position?
Nope, I didn’t have any previous work experience in marketing.
I found out about digital marketing from a random Youtube video (just one year before I applied for a job position in LeanSEM). I immediately became addicted and started researching and learning relentlessly everything related to it. Soon, I realized this is the path I want to pursue.
Later on I found out about LeanSEM from a TV Show where Nenad and Gabi participated and shared some insights about digital marketing in general, the way the company was run, and how it was different from the rest.
To name a few things that made me apply for the job position here:
– They were looking for people who are genuinely interested in digital marketing, even though they still might not have the necessary experience.
– They were looking for people who aren’t afraid of a challenge. People who are deep divers, who want to constantly look for insights and always aim to take actions based on these insights.
– The promise that new employees are focused on becoming experts in a specific field in digital marketing, and have a dedicated mentor that will help them get there.
– A chance to experience working for international and high-spending clients.
– The possibility to experience achieving and overachieving clients goals.
- What does it mean for you to be part of such an agency and such a team?
Pushing yourself further and further, overcoming new challenges, always looking for a new fix of a win that will grow your client, sharing invaluable knowledge between colleagues, etc.
- What did your career path at LeanSEM look like? What milestones have you reached?
To sum it up in one sentence: I went from absolutely zero experience in digital marketing, to a PPC Specialist, then a PPC Manager and now a Senior PPC Manager for clients spending over $100k a month during the course of one year.
- What is your most vital attribute that allowed you to get where you are right now?
Well, I would have to say it is a combination of few attributes:
– Being humble
– Hard worker
– Deep diver
– Action taker
- Some say the LeanSEM’s employment criteria are frighteningly high and strict. Do you agree?
Like I already mentioned earlier, I didn’t have any previous work experience in digital marketing before I applied for a job position in LeanSEM, so that should be enough to answer the question.
But, what you really need is to:
– have a genuine love for digital marketing
– be willing to research
– immerse yourself in your clients accounts
– constantly learn new things and look for opportunities to grow your client
– always aim to take action
- What is the biggest challenge you face now?
I cannot name a single biggest challenge.
It is more like a constant flow of everyday challenges about how you can find growth opportunities for your client. And, that’s what makes it fun.
- Which of your achievements within LeanSEM are you most proud of?
I believe that all wins in the company are the result of our teamwork.
Our most recent achievement was when we increased one of our clients’ spending by 2x, compared to 7-8 months ago, while having even better efficiency.